Post videos of yourself taking the Exams, and win money!
*** open through the end of August, 2016 ***
*** no cost to enter ***
*** International entries are welcome ***
- $500 for the best non-top-pro Exam I score*
- $500 for the best non-top-pro Exam II score*
- $1500 for the best top-pro BU score (Exam I + Exam II)**
*To enter Categories 1 and 2, you must have a Fargo Rating less than 700 (or have no rating). You can take the Exams on any table 8′ or larger; except for the Doctorate version of Exam II, which must be taken on a 9′ or larger table.
** To enter Category 3, you must have a Fargo Rating of 700 or higher, and both exams must be taken on 9′ or larger table.
Free BU diplomas will be sent, along with the cash prizes, to the winners of all three categories.
How to Enter
- Film yourself taking the BU Exams.
- Post your videos online.
- Send the links, your scores, and other info (see below) to Dr. Dave.
SORRY, BUT THE CHALLENGE IS NO LONGER OPEN
(although, we’ll still post any new unofficial scores and video entries that come it)
Watch Shane Van Boening Take The Exams
Official Entries to Date
Total BU Score – Top Professional Only – $1500
(Exam I + Exam II)
|1||Tobias Bongers||Exam I, Exam II||180 (95 + 85)|
|2||Tobias Bongers||Exam I, Exam II||170 (85 + 85)|
|3||Marc Vidal||Exam I, Exam II||164 (77 + 87)|
|4||Shane Van Boening||Exam I, Exam II||161 (84 + 77)|
|5||Marc Vidal||Exam I, Exam II|
(part 1, part 2)
|157 (77 + 80)|
Exam I – Fundamentals – Non Top Professional – $500
|2||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||86|
|3||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||85|
|4||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||82|
|6||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||76|
|7||peppersauce on AZB||video||71|
|8||peppersauce on AZB||video||69|
|10||Ryan Meyer||part 1, part 2||64|
Exam II – Skills – Non Top Professional – $500
|5||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||85|
|6||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||80|
|8||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||73|
|9||peppersauce on AZB||video||71|
|10||Ryan Meyer||part 1, part 2,|
part 3, part 4
|13||peppersauce on AZB||video||57|
|14||Ryan Meyer||part 1, part 2||51|
Detailed Rules and Instructions
- You must follow all of the instructions on the BU Exam documents page for taking, scoring, and filming the exams. Each video must be a continuous, uninterrupted, and unedited run at the entire exam, and it must be obvious that no trickery was used to cheat.
- Your videos must be of new attempts of the Exams taken between April 1, 2016 and August 31, 2016 (i.e., no videos of previous attempts will be accepted).
- In the event of a tie in any category, the person who was first to post the video of the highest score wins.
- You must post your Exam video(s) online for public viewing (e.g., on YouTube) by August 31, 2016, and you must e-mail the video link(s) to Dr. Dave along with the following information: full name, Exam score(s), table information (table size, and pocket mouth size, throat size, and shelf depth measurements per the diagram below), and your Fargo Rating (if you have one). If you don’t know your Fargo Rating, you can look it up here: fairmatch.fargorate.com.