How can I know where the cue ball will go on every type of shot?
Below is an illustration of reference directions useful for predicting the path of the CB. For more information, see the video and links below.
- NV B.44 – Dr. Dave 30° rule peace-sign hand calibration
- NV B.45 – Cue ball path speed effects
- NV B.46 – Cue ball path scratch avoid, cluster break-out, and billiard (carom) examples
- NV B.60 – Mike Page’s Cue Ball Control
- NV B.66 – The 30° rule, from VEPS I
- NV B.67 – The trisect system for draw shots, from VEPS I
For more info, see:
- where the CB goes for different cases
- “Fundamentals – Part V: CB position control” (BD, January, 2009)
- “Fundamentals – Part VI: CB control examples” (BD, February, 2009)
Dr. Dave keeps this site commercial free, with no ads. If you appreciate the free resources, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to show your support: