SORRY, BUT THE CHALLENGE IS NO LONGER OPEN (see the results below)
Post a video of yourself taking the BU Playing-Ability Fundamentals Exam (Exam I), and win money!
The contest is open through the end of July, 2018 (the BU Summer School Boot Camp month).
All (male or female, amateur or pro, US or international) are welcome to participate.
There is no cost to enter. Top scores win.
Money Prizes for the Top Scores
A $500 bonus will be paid to the first person who can achieve a perfect score of 100, so the maximum top prize is $2500!
Free BU diplomas will be sent, along with the cash prizes, to the winners who also post Exam II videos.
Official Entries Submitted
|2||Dr. Dave Alciatore||video||93|
|5||Poolmanis on AZB||video||88|
|6||Marc Vidal Claramunt||video||83|
|7||peppersauce on AZB||video||77|
How to Enter
- Video record yourself taking BU Exam I.
- Post your video online.
- Send the video link and score to Dr. Dave.
SORRY, BUT THE CHALLENGE IS NO LONGER OPEN (see the results above)
Detailed Rules and Instructions
- You must follow all of the instructions on the BU Exam documents page for taking, scoring, and video recording Exam I. Here are the main documents you need to begin: Exam I diagrams and procedure, Exam I score sheet, table setup instructions. It might also help to first watch some of the demo videos.
- Your submitted video must be a continuous, uninterrupted, and unedited run at the entire exam, and it must be obvious there is no trickery or cheating involved. Stay in the frame of the camera, keep balls on the table during each drill (pulling them out in groups of 4, 5, or 10), and keep your cue on the table when spotting balls and between drills.
- Your video must be a new attempt of Exam I taken between March 15, 2018 and July 31, 2018 (the end of the BU Summer School Boot Camp month). No videos of previous attempts will be accepted.
- In the event of a tie (1st, 2nd, or 3rd), the person who was first to post the video wins.
- The Exam must be taken on a 9′ or larger pool table. The pockets must be no larger than 5 1/8″, and the table must be reasonably level (with no significant roll off).
- Your video must be online for public viewing (e.g., on YouTube or Vimeo) by midnight (MST) on July 31, 2018, and you must e-mail the video link to Dr. Dave along with your full name and accurate Exam score, also by July 31, 2018.
- An individual can win only one of the three cash prizes (plus the $500 bonus for the first score of 100).
- You can submit as many entries as you want to continue to improve your score.