How do I avoid a scratch in different situations?
For more examples and information, see:
- NV 3.7 – Using the 90° rule to check for and prevent a scratch
- NV 3.10 – Using the 30° rule to check for and prevent a scratch
- NV 4.2 – Using a draw shot to prevent a scratch
- NV 4.5 – Using a follow shot to prevent a scratch
- NV 4.22 – Avoiding a tangent-line scratch using slow speed
- NV B.25 – Using draw and sidespin to beat a scratch in a side pocket, with Tom Ross
- NV B.31 – Using inside english and follow to beat a scratch and get down-table position
- NV B.46 – Cue ball path scratch avoid, cluster break-out, and billiard (carom) examples
- NV J.14 – Top 10 Pool Shots Amateurs Play Wrong … and How to Play Them Right
See also: using a jump shot to avoid a scratch.
Dr. Dave keeps this site commercial free, with no ads. If you appreciate the free resources, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to show your support: