What are the advantages of carbon fiber or graphite shafts like the Predator Revo and Cuetec 15K?
The following video covers this topic in detail:
For more info, see: “The Carbon Fiber Shaft Craze” (BD, December, 2019).
Advantages of a carbon-fiber (AKA graphite) shaft include:
- It is smooth and has very little friction, especially with an open bridge.
- It stays cleaner than a wood shaft, which can be difficult to keep sealed, clean, and smooth (with no scratches or dings).
- It is easy and safe to clean with a damp towel.
- It doesn’t warp even under humidity and temperature extremes (so you can leave it in the trunk of your car in any weather).
- It doesn’t scratch easily.
- It doesn’t ding when you hit balls, bang up against furniture, or drop it on a hard and dirty floor.
- It doesn’t have any wood grain that might be visually distracting.
Many carbon-fiber shafts also have low CB deflection, so see also: advantages of LD shafts.
Dr. Dave keeps this site commercial free, with no ads. If you appreciate the free resources, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to show your support: