Where can I find information on billiards movies and the famous shots from the movies?
The following articles describe the movies and show and explain most of the more interesting shots:
- “Billiards on the Big Screen – The Hustler” (BD, August, 2004).
- “Billiards on the Big Screen – The Color of Money” (BD, September, 2004).
- “Billiards on the Big Screen – Pool Hall Junkies” (BD, October, 2004).
“The Hustler,” “The Color of Money,” and “Pool Hall Junkies” are featured, and some other movies are mentioned and described. Here are demonstrations of classic shots from the movies:
- “The Hustler“ (1961)
- “The Color of Money“ (1986)
- “Pool Hall Junkies“ (2002)
Other less-popular billiards-theme Hollywood movies are:
- “Baltimore Bullet” (1980)
- “The Baron and the Kid” (1984)
- “Shooting Gallery” (2005)
- “Walkaway Joe” (2020)
Another interesting movie with a billiards feature is Disney’s “Donald in Mathmagic Land.” Starting at the 16:47 point is an entertaining introduction to the Corner-5 System for aiming 3-cushion kick shots.
Dr. Dave keeps this site commercial free, with no ads. If you appreciate the free resources, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to show your support: