What is the System for Aiming With Sidespin (SAWS)?
System for Aiming With Sidespin (SAWS) is a full-length instructional video by Dr. Dave that covers a new system to compensate your aim for cue ball (CB) deflection and object ball (OB) throw when using sidespin. It is based on using combinations of Back Hand English (BHE) and Front-Hand English (FHE), and it can be applied to any cue, bridge length, and shooting style. A detailed table of contents of SAWS along with a video overview can be found at DrDaveBilliards.com/saws, and here is an overview video:
For examples of how SAWS is used, see aim compensation when using sidespin and the following articles:
- “SAWS – Part 1: CB Deflection” (June, 2019).
- “SAWS – Part 2: Sidespin Terminology” (July, 2019).
- “SAWS – Part 3: Throw Effects” (August, 2019).
- “SAWS – Part 4: Throw Examples” (September, 2019).
- “SAWS – Part 5: BHE/FHE Calibration” (October, 2019).
- “SAWS – Part 6: Shot Examples” (November, 2019).
Dr. Dave keeps this site commercial free, with no ads. If you appreciate the free resources, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to show your support: